Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saturday Night Rip-off Shopping

I'm having a pretty chill Saturday night flipping back and forth between Grease (also, IMDBing Grease. Stockard Channing was 34 when she played Rizzo and Olivia Newton-John was 30! They're supposed to be 18!!) and Wedding Crashers on tv and sippin' on a Ace Pear Cider I got while at Whole Foods today. I really wanted Kopparberg, but they didn't have it. I haven't had it since I was in Ireland this time last year and nothing else has lived up to the high standard it's set for pear ciders. I've also been searching around on the internet for the Chloe wedge boots I've wanted for a while now. Every so often I look for them on ebay but they're always about $400 too expensive... weird how that works. I did find these similar ones from China that I'm seriously considering. They are the most comparable ones I've been able to find and they're only $22!

http://www.notempire.com/images/uploads/chloeLeatherLaceUpWedgeBoots.jpgReal

Fake. Really, now seeing them together they're pretty different. But I think I like the colors on the fake ones better. I'd get the ones on the right.


I found this $55 Alexander Wang Coco copy that I'm considering too since I've really liked that bag since I first saw it. This picture is of the real one, but the fake looks the exact same just crappier material.
http://www.purseblog.com/images/2009/07/alexander-wang-coco-duffel-500x266.jpg



Also! I saw a commercial today for the new biodegradable bags Sun Chips is going to start using! I think its amazing. I even got sort of emotional at the commercial. Everyone should follow suit. Imagine if all the chips produced were sold in biodegradable bags. That's such a huge market so it would make for such a huge change.

No comments:

Post a Comment