Monday, January 7, 2013

2013

Last year on January 2nd I wrote a kinda year recapping post where I listed three resolutions for 2012. Some how in the umpteenth hour, I actually kinda sorta accomplished all of them. Granted, all three were pretty vague. Put briefly:
 
1. Work more on my shop.
2. Host a New Year's Eve party in the upcoming year. (This one I went on to explain more represented just making more friends in New York.)
3. Try, try, try to get a job/internship I actually enjoy.

Well, I definitely worked more on the shop, but not to the extent I would have hoped. I made the switch to Etsy last February which was definitely the right choice. I haven't sold that much, but I've learned a lot as time goes on. In 2012, I continued with the shop. In 2013 I hope to do more than just move forward at the same slow pace, but instead actually get off my ass and get moving more.

Did I host a New Year's Eve party this year? Not exactly. New Year's Eve rolled around this year, fast as usual, and I didn't have any plan for the night. Which I hate. I'm stereotypically girly when it comes to holidays in that I want to have something exiciting to get dressed up for. Well, holidays with partying I guess. I knew my friend from back home would be in town, briefly to catch a flight the next morning, and wasn't staying with me but I wanted to meet up for a bit. This already seems like its getting long and uninteresting.... sooo.... yadda, yadda, yadda. I hang out with her and come back home briefly before going out to a bar with Michael and a couple people and there's like ten people in my house! Planned party? No. But since we also all came back here after going out, I say it counts!

The job thing is... still going. I continued with my medical receptioning job until the beginning of December. In October I started doing some freelance writing for a marketing company and I've loved doing it. And I. Want. More. So I'm looking. And looking. And I'm not gonna give up because... I need a job, but also because my resolution this year (I've just decided) is to:

STOP PROCRASTINATING.

When I was receptionin', I had something to guide my day. This is the time I wake up, because I have work. This is the time I go home, because I'm done. This is my freetime, because I'm not at work. This past month where I haven't been working (in a formal setting, at least) I've become really lazy. It's horrible. I'm glad I'm writing this right now because then it's down in words in front of me and I can't avoid/deny it. There is absolutely no excuse for why I'm not working harder on the store, except that it's easier not to, but that's bull shit. Procrastination ends now. Also, I'd like to blog more.

Wow. That got serious towards the end. Here's some pictures of 2012!  Blogger is on the fritz. Instead here's this hilarious-- and appropriate-- commercial I just saw. My favorite part is that they suggest hanging out with friends in these and then ALL THE FRIENDS HAVE THEM. Do they all own one and bring it with them and change? Does the friend who's house it is supply them? Do they arrive already wearing it? Amazing.



 
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment